- Tongeren, BE
Hi! I'm Martijn, pleased to meet you. I'm an electrical engineer by background, specialized in software for embedded devices and digital signal processing. Over the years, I've branched into all-round true full-stack software engineering. What do all of these fancy titles really mean? I just like to analyze things, take them apart, design them, and build them up again. I'm a dev, a maker. I like to solve problems!
CodaBox is an energetic scale-up fintech supporting accountants and bookkeepers in delivering their documents in digital format. I mainly work here as a dev on the monolithic python / django backend that takes care of the retrieval, processing and delivering of documents in digital format. I work on both keeping the current stack operational as well as evolving it on a functional but also technical level e.g. to a more service-oriented like architecture.
- Backend dev CODA / SODA / E-invoicing platform
- Expert python / django
- Analyst CODA push delivery
Software engineer / analyst
This was my first true job as a software engineer, so I sure did learn a lot here. First, I was part of small cross-functional team to support the marketing efforts, dubbed the ‘Mobile Vikings Get & Retain Squad’. Afterwards, this involved into the ‘Marketing Automation squad’, where I got more into the job of analysis, combined with software development.
- Analyst marketing automation backend REST API architecture
- Mobile Vikings prepaid registration project dev
- Analyst full MVNO migration marketing backend
SoundTalks focuses on supporting different actors in the livestock industry. Their main product at the time was a device to monitor the respiratory health of fattening pigs based on sound, the ‘Pig Cough Monitor’. Given the size of the spin-off company at the time, I had various different responsiblities, ranging from the research of the sound analysis itself, to design of the hardware that was used, customer contacts as well as on-site support for the installations.
- Lead research & development Pig Cough Monitor algorithm and software
- On-site installations and maintenance
- Data collection and management
- Software development process management
- Customer relations
Research assistant involved with a number of short-term, focussed projects. Teaching assistant for undergraduate signal processing course.
- Project: Quantification of lung pathology based on computed tomography
- Project: Validation of a novel 3-D volumetric approach to evaluate local bone changes
- Software tool for integrated registration and segmentation for 2-D and 3-D follow-up analyses of oral and maxillofacial surgery (CBCT)
- Teaching assistant undergraduate digital signal processing course
Python library reading and dumping of CODA format (Belgian bank format).
Python project that bridges between a websocket API (evok) and MQTT, to integrate an IOT device into a home automation setup.
Go project heavily using goroutines to efficiently translate a polling-based protocol (modbus) into a subscribe-based protocol (mqtt).